Workday Programme Manager (Virtual, UK)
Join Alight Solutions, you will have a bright future!
Alight Solutions are currently recruiting for a number of Workday Programme Manager located home based / Virtually in the UK with regular travel to London and other client locations. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cloud Depliyment Solutions business group within Alight Solution. Up to 40% travel is associated with the role. This role will be primarily responsible for managing and guiding multiple project managers and work streams as well as be an active participant in all stages of the Workday implementation.
Your Impact as A Workday Programme Manager
- Responsible for actively managing all stages of the programme/ project lifecycle, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment
- Work to agreed timelines, budgets and quality standards; ensuring these are appropriately planned, resourced, funded and relevant governance is in place
- Provides leadership and management support to project managers and others as required
- Ability to be effectively and actively engaged on multiple, parallel projects
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities and enforcing accountability, developing and maintaining a budget and schedule to ensure timely completion of project. Maintain standard programme management documentation and metrics with limited direction. Work directly with internal and external client counterpart, other project leads to deliver successful implementation and manage scope
- Provide a proactive interface between the clients and the internal stakeholders to ensure effective coordination and delivery of the programme
- Manage and guide multiple project managers and work streams as well as actively participate in Workday implementations
- Understand the scope and detail of project plan and identify and communicate the need for resources for tasks or assigned areas of responsibility
- Provides information to others both internal and external to the organisation; represents the organisation to customers and other external sources
- Measure programme/ project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations regarding the programme/ project plan to align the stakeholders and team members. Implement approved actions and workarounds to mitigate project risks in order to minimise the impact on the project
- Establishes and maintains client relationships. Communicates feedback to leadership as appropriate
- Monitor progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to leadership on any issues
- Communicate client feedback to leadership as appropriate
- Suggest improvements and proactively addresses issues. Answer all enquiries in a timely basis
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility for corporate funds, materials and resources
- Leads the project governance and overall programme planning and reporting efforts for an implementation programme, or large, complex project
- Establish programme leadership forums, tracking tools, and change order procedures
- Sets up and maintains (directly or indirectly) the integrated programme plan and other programme management tools including critical path views, risk logs, status reports, and overall progress metrics and related presentations
- Works with the project managers and other key team members to ensure plans are being met, issues resolved, and risks mitigated
- Primary escalation point for project managers and other team members who need governance and resource assistance
- Interfaces extensively with the client's programme/project leadership team to facilitate overall governance
- Provide progress updates to the client, the project team, Steering Committees, and other interested parties as required
- Understand the impact of the programme/ project to the overall business
- Understand quality standards for own work and monitors and manages work of team members, providing feedback as appropriate
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Extensive complex project/programme management experience
- Strong communication skills. Provides information to others both internal and external to the organisation; represents the organisation to customers and other external sources
- Strong interpersonal skills to support team building: Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
- Ability to advocate a creative atmosphere
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships to achieve results through a win-win relationship
- Ability to engage others in the attainment of the vision for the future. Influences others by enthusiastically sharing the future vision as a means for them to attain their goals
- Ability to establish alliances with other departments and organisations by recognising dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the programme
- Strong awareness of cultural diversity and can embrace and capitalise those differences; applies knowledge in decision-making process
- Endorse change, sponsor change initiatives and search for others organisations best practices to adopt or modify change
- Strong ability to identify project risks by defining risk strategies and developing the risk management plan in order to reduce uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle
- Ability to support account/portfolio managers through the programme selection, performance reporting, and management processes
- Able to multi-task, responding with a sense of urgency to immediate needs
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and mission of the organisation
- Exchange information with appropriate people to complete work, following through on tasks and commitments and keep information confidential, as warranted
- Demonstrate strong work ethics, setting an example for others
- Participate as part of a global team, seeking help from other team members as appropriate
- A proven track record of managing programmes and projects within Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP or similar applications is preferred
- Experience leading and participating in technical and cross-functional projects
- Proficiency in MS Project , MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ability to recognise personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths, taking appropriate action to pursue developmental activities to strengthen skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You will be supported to obtain the Workday Project Manager certification and you will be required to keep the certification current as a requirement of the role
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centres deliver an unrivalled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We have a 25 year operating history formerly the outsourcing business of Aon Hewitt. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organisations thrive.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organisations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable country, national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.