Workday Financials Solution Architect/ Strategist
Join Alight Solutions, you will have a bright future!
Alight Solutions are currently recruiting for a Workday Financials Solution Architect/ Strategist located home based / Virtually in the UK with regular travel to London and other locations (up to 40% travel is associated with the role). As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cloud Depliyment Solutions business group within Alight Solutions
About the Role
Your Impact as A Workday Financials Solution Architect/ Strategist
- Support all Financial sales pursuits within EMEA
- Responsible for the sales to delivery process, specifically converting a RFP response into a proposed project plan and initial resource profile for Workday Financials
- Understands business requirements, can explain the skills required to configure and maintain the finance solution
- Completes work assigned by operations Leadership within prescribed timeframe
- Understands Workday Financials Implementation methodologies and is able to articulate and explain this to prospects and clients
- Understands project management activities and can plan project to an initial high level
- Communicates effectively with team members, prospects and clients
- Recognises business process inefficiencies and recommends improvements
- Performs research on problems, separating the symptoms from the actual cause, and identifies corrective measures. Seeks opinions and feedback on alternative solutions and best practices and implements those that have been agreed upon by the team
- Understands the value of a project plan, suggests the need for resources for tasks or areas assigned to them, adheres to established processes and standards, monitors progress of tasks against plan and reports status to appropriate team members as it relates to project issues
- Communicates prospect and client feedback to senior team members. Understands and follows internal processes in responding to prospect and client needs
- Is part of the CDS Finance Strategy Team although will have strong relationship with the EMEA Sales & Delivery team
- Is an expert in the Workday product suite of Financials but also has an understanding of HCM and Payroll
- Has an expert understanding of Workday deployment and methodology
- Is able to interpret technical and functional high level business requirements and calculate estimated effort to deploy
- Inputs into the RFP process, providing expert advice
- Attends pre sales and sales sessions across EMEA representing CDS Finance
- Attends sessions with prospects and clients focusing on Workday Financials and will lead the conversation with Finance
- Owns and maintains finance estimating tools and inputs into sales process and hand over to delivery
- Works with relevant functional and technical leads to cover detailed functionality and assist with scoping of requirements
- Reviews estimate model v actuals based on project delivery
- Maintains relationships with relevant resources within Workday
- Develops Tools & Offerings related to CDS EMEA Financials Delivery practice
- Works with EMEA CDS Sales Team on selling to Finance executives, including input on strategy, messaging, and meeting support
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Previous experience implementing HCM, Payroll, or Financial solutions or has deep HR, Payroll or Financial experience with a demonstrated aptitude for systems implementation
Experience implementing Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle or similar applications is preferred
Previous consulting experience preferred, either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organisation
Typically possess demonstrable business experience (or equivalent), as well as broad knowledge of common functional areas
Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs. Completes assigned tasks in prescribed times related to deliverables, understands priorities and requests help and support when needed
Understands quality standards for own work and checks own work upon the completion of each task
Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment towards the job and goals of the organisation.
Participates as member of the team, understanding and responding to the various working styles of others and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members and provides help to other team members as needed
Accepts and adapts to change as directed and understands that it is a constant and necessary path for professional growth
Ability to recognise personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths and takes appropriate actions to deepen skills through training and development initiatives. Helps train and mentor other team members
Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work, follows through on tasks and commitments and keeps information confidential, as warranted. Demonstrates strong work ethics, setting an example for others
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centres deliver an unrivalled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We have a 25 year operating history formerly the outsourcing business of Aon Hewitt. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organisations thrive.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organisations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable country, national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.